Re: Tapping Shapeways high def plastic

Mike Conder

Thought about that,  but the holes are already there and just about the right size.  Just not sure how that plastic would take to tapping, ands I don't have any plastic rod at hand ...

Mike Conder, enjoying local openings ...

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020, 12:02 AM Mark Kasprowicz <marowicz@...> wrote:

I think I would get some thin plastic rod a little bigger than the screws you're going to use, drill the car body out for it, superglue a suitable section in place and tap that out for the screw. A small post drill helps get the holes straight. Tedious I know but with all that time on your hands it will keep you busy!

Mark K
Oxon, England (Slightly stir crazy!)