From: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io> on behalf of Robert Herrick <rdherrick@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 2:58 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io>
Subject: [HOn3] Stoner Creel

I've been trading emails with Steffen about a replacement motor for my Westside C-16, the open frame motor version with the footboard pilot. He offers two versions: one with a lower gear reduction producing a scale 20mph or a version for a road engine with a top scale speed of 45mph I am building a shelf layout of Espanola with room to expand to Embudo and possibly beyond. I'd like to replace the pilot for road use, but the locomotive will be used for switching on the layout. Doubt the prototype operated much faster than 20mph, but I'm concerned about being limited to that speed. Anyone have experience with either one of Steffen's gearing options especially with respect to what is appropriate for my intended use?

Thanks,

Bob Herrick