Re: Old Brass/ME Turnouts

Climax@...

use a short section of hack saw blade.  just go down straight and slow.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Herrick
Sent: May 14, 2020 6:18 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: [HOn3] Old Brass/ME Turnouts

I've got enough track down at Espanola using Micro Enginerring Code 70 turnouts. I'm running a Balboa T-12 and C-19 and a Westside C-16 and all of them get stuck on the frog. The clearances are a little tight using the NMRA gauge and I've tried to clear them out with a file, but the problem persists. I wondered about the flange depth on this old brass, but the locomotives are fine elsewhere. Have you encountered this problem?

Bob Herrick