Re: More progress

Climax@...

I know that tedium.  I was laying my own code 70 track back in the mid 60's and only spiked every 7th tie.  I even made my own switches like Jack Work use to make.  Takes time but when you get done you know it's right and will stay put.

From: Steve Hatch
Sent: May 13, 2020 11:26 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [HOn3] More progress

Nope not pc board.
  I started out making my own spikes but a couple years ago ME
started making their micro spikes.  They work perfectly for code 55.
I have a battery dremel copy with a cut off disc sitting right by
as I'm spiking.  I put the spike in the pliers holding the head
then touch the bottom diagonally to the disc and it quickly puts a taper on the spike
then insert the spike. Easy simple fast accurate and unlike soldered pc ties
the rail can move back and forth as it contracts and expands.
Neet
Stephen Hatch