Re: coreless motors again

John Stutz

I am surprised that no one has so far mentioned Nigel Lawton in England . His home page is <http://www.nigellawton009.com/VeeTipper.html> and his online shop is at  <" rel="noopener" target="_blank" data-mce-href="http://www.nigellawton009.com/PayPal.html>">http://www.nigellawton009.com/PayPal.html>.  While he principally supports 4mm scale narrow gauge modeling (009, HOe, HOn30), he is an excellent source of 6, 8 & 10mm diameter coreless motors.  And while these are only suitable for the smallest HOn3 locomotives, thy should be considered for such.

He also offers a range of square rubber belts and pulleys for building quiet drives.  Ted Scannell has used these to build both axle hung <http://www.clag.org.uk/axle-hung.html> and underfloor <http://www.clag.org.uk/lpmu.html> power units for 4mm scale 18.87mm gauge stock.  Not directly applicable to our 10.5mm gauge, but there are  some useful ideas here for powering IC critters and similar size steam.