Staging Track Spacing

Dusty

Staging is 'inline' and visible, on layout trackage. Virtually no need to 'read' or handle cars. Re-staging is way bill flipping. I have up to 24" width for seven tracks.

1. I have no practical Hon3 Staging Track Spacing experience. I do have a great deal of operating experience on standard guage railroads.
2. I'm thinking seven tracks with three - 3 way lap switches on each end.
3. When I lay two NMRA Hon3 guages next to one another it looks like 1.75 " minimum center spacing. Is this enough? Is two inches 'safe'.
4. If I do need to swap in a car my rerailers work at 1.75" spacing.

I haven't spiked down a test as of yet.

Dusty BurmanĀ
623 261-8707