Re: Stub turnouts

Dusty

With regard to 9g servos 'beating' against the stops. My limited experience with these servos indicates that they will 'buzz' if the force reaches a certain level. They have enough power to move switch points before they buzz. I think it's important to make your switches use as little force as possible. Control the frog polarity with Juicers or micro switches. There's no need for 'rod tons' of force to insure the switch points make electrical contact. DCC friendly switches are a different mind set whether they are stub or not.

Food for thought. Your opinion and/or experience may vary.

Dusty BurmanĀ