Re: Stub turnouts

Bruce

I use a 3D designed and printed "keeper" under my turnouts to hold the over center spring mounted under the turnouts to keep the spring from over time falling out.

I have tabs on the top of the keepers used for stub switches to act as stops.  I use the Polymax filament for these as it is tougher.

Like Brian, I am hoping they will hold up over time.

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce Bowie
419-602-3584
in2trains@...

On Sat, May 2, 2020, 8:23 PM Brian Kopp <kc5lpa1@...> wrote:
Scott thanks for the Tam Valley Depot link.

i was curious about how you stop the switch machine (your 9g servos)at the right place. Russ is using pins soldered on the side of the outside fixed rails........ I am hoping the Shapeway plastic can stand up to a subminiature servo beating against it.

Brian

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL