Re: Stub turnouts

Bill Lugg

These are printed in "Smooth Fine Detail Plastic" and I think Scott's concern is with the durability of the bridles having the rail sliding in them and the stress of the switch stand pulling on them to throw the switch.  I too wonder about this in the long term.  This material is not that strong that it would seem to provide a good mechanical "tool" for this kind of application.

Bill Lugg

On 5/2/20 8:05 AM, captaindavekrembs via groups.io wrote:
The few I built with code 50 rail there is enough flex to not need a "hinge".

On Saturday, May 2, 2020, 8:49:27 AM CDT, Scott McLeod <rgsmodeler@...> wrote:

Very interesting Brian,

Can you provide more details as to the material that these are made of? Especially the bridal.  Movement of the rail in the bridal, resulting wear and life expectancy are of importance from an operational perspective.  Have seen others use altered rail-joiners for the rail to slide in with success.  Just trying to keep those section workers from having to be too busy J

Scott McLeod

HOn3 RGS/D&RGW Ridgway - Durango