Re: Wheelset question

Dusty

The Grandt 5132 wheel sets appear to be the same as the Grandt passenger truck wheel sets. If you had Grandt frieght truck castings you would need to trim the 5132 axels to the correct length. In the past I had experimented with the NWSL very narrow wheel sets in Grandt trucks. They looked amazing on code 40 track. My conclusion was that this combination didn't function very well with Shinohara switches. I sent the NWSL wheel sets to my friend Al Sohl out on Long Island so I no longer have an example in hand.

Unless there are major new developments Blackstone looks like the best hope for a number of truck prototypes in hon3.

Dusty Burman