Re: Wheelset question


I believe in the machines world those are called centering cutters.  They are used in lathe and milling operations to cut a true center and are all cut with a 60 degree angle.  They come in multiple sizes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Dunlevy
Sent: Apr 28, 2020 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: [HOn3] Wheelset question

It's too bad there is no tool for HOn3 like Micro Marks Truck Tuner.  It has 60 degree (NMRA standard) cutting ends to ream the hole in the truck.  I believe the Grandt Line side frames are one piece with the bolster.  You would need something small to get between the sideframes.

Bruce Dunlevy


Join to automatically receive all group messages.