Re: Thinning Floquil Paints

Pete C

I do miss Floquil though especially for painting wooden buildings but I am trying to use the safer paints.
I will typically spray on a lite coat of a solvent based primer and that greatl  reduces the chances of warping.

Pete

On Apr 16, 2020, at 8:27 PM, Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:

Pete how true!
I know that my mixture works!
Thanks for the information I will have to check with my friend to get the third part!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Apr 16, 2020, at 8:20 PM, Pete C <sp4450@...> wrote:

Ric, ok I guess one of the chemists are wrong then,  I am not a chemist and only passed on the information I was given.
Pete

On Apr 16, 2020, at 6:53 PM, Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:

50% toluene
50% xylene
Duplicates dip sol!
Chemist friend broke it down for me as I have 100 plus bottles of floquil paint also!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Apr 16, 2020, at 6:41 PM, David Laverick <dave@...> wrote:

BTW I have a huge collection of Floquil, when I learned it was being eliminated I bought their remaining stock we used for landscaping architectural models by the quart and pint. If you need a color let me know.

On Apr 16, 2020, at 5:14 PM, tom peterman via groups.io <tomp1000@...> wrote:

I have some old Floquil paint I want to use on a project, but need to thin for airbrushing.  I don't have any DioSol thinner left, so what is a substitute that is compatible with Floquil paint?
Thanks,
Tom