Re: Westside C-16

Ric Case

Bob I have found that replacement trucks ( ie Blackstone)helps to decrease the drag coefficient!
I can pull 6 to 9 cars with a brass coach!
Main line is around 2 %steady grade!
I use all black stone C19 during operations.
Just information!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Apr 7, 2020, at 8:46 AM, Robert Herrick <rdherrick@...> wrote:

I've refrained from buying brass rolling stock because I am not confident our small brass locomotives can pull them, i.e. I have no practical experience. My eyesight and patience for building kits are not what they used to be and I am eyeing a brass caboose and possibly a brass passenger car. I'll be running very shorts freights and a two-car passenger train behind C-16s and T-12s (both re-motored) respectively, but I still have deep reservations about brass. Your experience and sage advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Bob Herrick