Re: decal help

Mike Conder

Oops ... long SHOT, not that other word ... apologies for fat fingers.

MC

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 2:16 PM Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:
Well, you MIGHT try doing a reverse decal. Paint the area where the lettering is, then print a decal all in black with clear letters.  Success with that will depend on the black of the decal vs. the tender.  I’d make the decal as tall as the tender to eliminate horizontal lines, as the vertical lines would be easier to blend with weathering.

Long shit but may work.

Mike Conder

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 2:11 PM brian_budeit via groups.io <brian_budeit=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Building an EBT locomotive, the regular h o scale tender lettering is too large.  Thought it would be simple enough to reduce them and print a new set out on decal paper. Two problems. One, my printer doesn't seem to be able to duplicate the yellow-orange color, it come out reddish pink. Two, color aside, it doesn't print out opaque enough to show up over black.  Could use regular yellow or orange, don't think microscaale offers either one. Any help  or suggestions greatly appreciated.

brian b