Re: New Splines

John Hutnick

How do you accurately cut these narrow strips from plywood?  I have used a straightedge guide.  This must be clamped on to the 4x8 sheet and is slow to use.  I have tried edge guides that are attached to the circular saw base, but the edges of the cut are not exactly perfect.  Is this how you do it?  Also, is there any particular way to cut those nice curved ply roadbed sections?  Isn't a lot of plywood wasted between the curves?  What particular plywood grade is best?  A lot of typical 1/2" 4-ply has voids.  Thanks -- John Hutnick