Re: Evolution of the K-27

Bill Lugg

I'm not a D&RG guy so bear with me...

You mention the recommendation by Mr' Hess to replace scrapped locomotives with OF 2-6-6-2s.  Was this recommendation followed?  I don't believe I've ever seen a photo of one of these beasts.

Thanks
Bill Lugg

On 4/2/20 2:27 AM, John Stutz wrote:
The following shows the conversion dates from Earl Knoob <https://sitemailxchange.gate.com/appsuite/ui#>'s AEF data book, with entries beginning 12.1919, supplemented by simpling information in O'Berry p12.  See O'Berry p13 for quotes from G.L.Hess, motive power expert for the Loree evaluation of 1917, regarding advisable improvements in the D&RG's NG motive power - essentially to upgrade the K-27s, scrap everything else, and replace with OF 2-6-6-2s.