From: Bill Lugg <luggw1@risebroadband.net>
Sent: Mar 15, 2020 10:27 AM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [HOn3] Remembering Frank Kappler

If you look in
https://groups.io/g/HOn3/files/Stripwood%20Storage%20Cabinet you'll see
an initial cut for a couple of ideas for the cabinet.  The zip file
contains a DXF file that you should be able to open in most CAD
applications.  I've included a Frank Kappler inspired "original" cabinet
that's shallow and wide, allowing the wood to be stored crosswise.  I've
also included a narrow deep cabinet that allows the wood to be stored
front to back (I read and then forgot what Dave said below about having
a square cabinet - the price of getting old - it would be easy enough to

Understand, I've designed these the way I would build them with the
materials, tools and skills I have in the shop.  I have no experience
with laser cutting and don't know what the capabilities and limitations
are so I'd need a primer on that before I could modify the design for
that construction method.  One thing I'm really not satisfied with are
the drawer slides.  I'm concerned they are too fragile and would break
during use.  It would be interesting to know how the original cabinet
was designed in this respect.

Anyway, this is a first stab.  All thoughts and constructive criticism
is welcome.

Bill Lugg

On 3/12/20 1:36 PM, Climax@Mindspring.com wrote:
Bill:
I am still as strong contender that keeping the box square allowing the dividers to be either across or lenthwise is a great idea. It allows the owner to select his desired wood display by just shifting the dividers which could be locked together as a unit, 90 degrees. The option gives the buyers the option of either way. Strip wood in thicknesses of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 scale inch thicknesses for each drawer would be great. even a drawer for sheet wood, clapboard, board & batton, scribed, could be a bottom drawer as well. I have mine if a long box on edge but flat would be just as good. The drawer if stored vertically would need to be 4 or 6 inches deep. I am not sure what the drawer handles should be, maybe something lazer cut and glued on.
DAve

From: asandrini <asandrini@bak.rr.com>
Date: 1/25/20 8:23 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: HOn3@groups.io, asandrini@bak.rr.com

I have been asked to post a couple of pictures of my Kappler Lumber
Company lumber yard.

Photos attached.

Al