Re: Remembering Frank Kappler

John

I prefer front to back. Easier to see what's in there. However, I don't look a gift horse in the mouth, so whatever you decide will be fine😊
John Peckham

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 2:17 PM, Climax@...
<Climax@...> wrote:
Vertical storage sounds good until you go to use it.  Each tube must be removable to get the shorter pieces out.  I use the Very very old, like 60 year old cardboard tubes with metal ends that Northeastern use to send their strip wood out in from the 1960's.  I have tubes with the size on the end plus L H,Z, types of special shapes on the tube cap.  It kind of helps but the tubes are still a pain when I put caps on the wrong ones. hahhaha I stored it vertically and horizontally and it was a pain either way.  I believe that drawers with the wood laying flat is the best solution.  Even with Northeastern long wood, it can be cut to fit.  We need to think of where would it be stored, mostly on a shelf.  In addition we need to keep in mind that people will probably try to stack other things on it so the outside box would need to be stout.  Also if they order multiple units and try to stack them together, a form of locking them together would be a good idea such as a wiggle and wiggle tab on either end would suffice.  I am taking these ideas off a list I made up to satisfy all customers.