Re: HOW MUCH?

Mike Conder

... and Chris did it quite well.

Mike Conder

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 9:14 AM claneon30 <chrislaneon30@...> wrote:
The how, the how much and the who to doesn’t matter. What does matter is making a plan. If we have this much discussion on all the ways to dispose of you stuff, imagine sticking you loved ones with it, after your gone while trying to deal with your loss. I feel strongly about this one and addressed it 2 years ago. If you missed it:

Chris Lane - Editor HOn3 Annual

On Feb 18, 2020, at 4:59 AM, Lee Gustafson via Groups.Io <bagustaf@...> wrote:

The narrow gauge model community by its nature is rather small and close knit, as a result models do seem to change hands within that circle rather than the general market place. The limited production of narrow gauge models and smaller market for them often placed a premium price on those models. When a model changed hands it often occurred privately from one modeler to another. With the advent of the internet, eBay, an ageing demographic the way models change hands and their prices reflect the middle man i.e. dealer becoming involved in the process. I agree with Dusty I would rather sell a model to a modeler rather than a dealer. Thanks for reading and YMMV.

Lee Gustafson

On Feb 17, 2020, at 8:41 PM, Dusty <dustburm@q.com> wrote:

Concerning the 50% value. I'd rather sell to (non hoarder, non resaler) modelers at 50% than a dealer who already made 40% on the initial sale. Perhaps sell to modelers who could/would actually use the stuff. I'm a meat headed idealist, huh?

Dusty Burman