Re: Another Abrasive Post

Mike Conder

Definition of FEPA:

Definitions: FEPA (Fédération Européenne des Fabricants de Produits Abrasifs) Federation of European Producers of Abrasives. ... The grit sizes are defined by the number of lines per inch (25.4 mm) length of each sieve e.g. 150 lines per inch.

Mike Conder

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 2:49 PM Seb J <sebastien.jubault@...> wrote:
Hi,

Didn’t know it was named FEPA but yes here (France) it it like this, P40 P60 and so on.

Sebastien

Le mar. 18 févr. 2020 à 19:26, Mike Van Hove <vanhovem22@...> a écrit :
Dusty,
I had no idea there were that many different ratings for grit size.
I’m guessing the American standard would be the ANSI ?

Not sure what FEPA is, maybe Euro ?

These two are close, but not exactly the same.

Guess I will have to dig out my Sandpaper Stash, and see what I have.

I saved this as a PDF and will see how my stuff compares.

And, remember what George Carlin said: “My stuff is Stuff, your Stuff is Crap!”

Thanks,
Mike Van Hove
Columbia, MO

On Feb 18, 2020, at 12:01 PM, Dusty <dustburm@q.com> wrote:

Just in case you ever wondered what the sand paper grit equivalent for emery paper is. Or microns or any other imaginable abrasive classification grade.

--
Cordialement

Sébastien Jubault
Vice-Président