Carolina's Narrow Gauge Group

Andrew Thompson

If you are like me and belong to multiple groups, I apologize in advance if you receive this notice multiple  times.

We have formed a Carolina's Narrow Gauge Group whose primary purpose is to bring together/connect narrow gauge modelers (of all scales) in the region (the Carolinas and adjacent areas in surrounding states), provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and information (both modeling and historical), create/adopt standards for modules, posting photos/info on projects members are working on and anything relating to narrow gauge or narrow gauge modeling.

The intent is to also encourage members to meet multiple times a year - not just at train shows, but other venues as well (meets/mini-meets?).   I envision these meetings as a combination of module meets and railroad prototype model (RPM) type events - to include the display of models (ala RPM meets), modules, dioramas, history, etc..  Or whatever narrow gauge related ideas anybody can come up with.

If you have an interest in joining this group, we are at CarolinasNarrowGauge@groups.io.

A reminder to all:  the National Narrow Gauge Convention will be in Hickory NC in September 2021.