Re: Layout power requirements

lloyd lehrer

Stephen, my layout is a little smaller(22×11.5) and I recommend three 20 amp circuits. One for overhead lighting, one for dcc and one for tools, stereo, mini fridge. If you have other intentions for other activities, add more.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019, 8:14 AM Stephen Silver via Groups.Io <ssilver996=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am building out part of the unfinished basement in a new house to accommodate the Silver Creek & Mellow Gulch Railway.  The room is 22ft X 17ft.  Loop to loop from one 22 ft wall to the other (19 ft of usable benchwork) with a peninsula on the short wall.

I won;'t be running any big tools, just the DCC layout and all the little things that make it sparkle, the overhead lighting, and the tools at the bench.  Add an occasional shop vacuum use, air brush compressor and booth fan, HVAC is on a 220 circuit.

I am going to get a sub panel installed for this space.  Any ideas on how many amps I should plan for?  There are too many things to be acquired in the future it seems hard to make a list and add it all up.

Thanks in advance.
Stephen

Life is mostly attitude and timing

--