Re: Layout power requirements

Stephen Silver

I have 200 amps at my panel.  For running the layout, what other power hungry devices might I anticipate beyond my DCC system?
Power hungry tools are located elsewhere.  Outside of the soldering iron and heat gun, the chop saw is probably the most power hungry thing I will use in this room.
Well, perhaps a small dorm frig.

Thanks Wes.

Life is mostly attitude and timing

On Saturday, December 21, 2019, 08:25:34 AM PST, Wes Garcia <wesgarcia@...> wrote:

Hi;

How many Amp service do you have on your main panel? I would go with at least 100 amps on the sub panel and that may be cutting it short if you add other power hungry devices or tools. Plan on have the room lights on 15 amp circuits and everything else on 20 amp circuits.

Those are my thoughts.

Wes