Re: Advices on pre-weathered rail

Mark Rosche

In my HOn3 days (now model in Sn3), I would use the weathered rail on straight and curved portions (all hand laid but not glued or soldered) and non-weathered for turnout building (soldered to pc board ties)...to get the rails to look uniform after installing a turnout, I would treat the turnout with the ME Rail Weathering Solution (which is what ME uses to weather their rail, albeit in bulk) and the entire section would look as it was all one type of rail...removing the weathering from the tops of the rails was easy...400/600 grit wet/dry sand paper is your friend...

Regards,

Mark

Don‘t take life too seriously...no one gets out alive anyway....