Re: Advices on pre-weathered rail

Russ Norris

I forgot to mention that I also scraped off the bottom of the rail- not to difficult for a switch, but it would get tiresome for anything more extensive.  I just rubbed the bottom over a sheet of Emery paper

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019, 6:37 AM Mark Kasprowicz <marowicz@...> wrote:
Hi Sébastien,

I've tried this and gave up! Trying to work through the coating is tedious and non productive nd I've tried fluxes like Carrs Orange and dilute Phosphoric acid. So you end up scraping the coating off but it takes time and seems to me to be against the whole concept. Even after scraping some soldered joints which look OK turn out to be dry (cold).  Personally I think that weather track is best suited to Pliobond track laying not soldered.

Season's greeting to you as well.

Mark K
Oxon, England.