Re: Advices on pre-weathered rail

Craig Linn

Like Bill said, you just need to clean off the weathering for spots you will solder to as well as on the top of the track.

I’ve used this method on my HOn3 layout and was taught by David Stewart of A&O fame. He has used this on 1.0 and 2.0 layouts.

Hope this helps.

Craig

On Dec 20, 2019, at 9:27 AM, Seb J <sebastien.jubault@...> wrote:

Hi guys !

Any advices on Micro-Engineering pre-weathered rail, related to hand laid track, turnout construction, wheels electrical pick-up, does it solder easily to copper ties, and so on !?
Would look nice I guess, but I wonder if the chemical process can be an issue regarding to quality of operations ? Thanks for your advices.

Wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !
Sebastien
--
Cordialement

Sébastien Jubault