Re: 705 mount with a K36 plow

Ed Tibbetts

I mounted 705’s on the pilots of my 6 brass HOn3 loco’s. I took the couplers out of the Kadee draft gear boxes, nipped off the back of the coupler, and drilled a .020 hole in the shank. Some of the engines had scale coupler pockets that I could insert the coupler and drop a pin in to secure it. Others I installed a short piece of K&S square tubing with a hole in it and pinned the coupler. All my tenders have 714’s, and I run DeadRail, so short circuits are not an issue. Coupler alignment is done with a pick, so sorta prototypical.