From: George Pierson <gpierson@...>
To: HOn3 <HOn3@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Dec 6, 2019 11:52 pm
Subject: [HOn3] Blackstone C19 tender modification question

Hi, all,

I'm new to the list so I hope my question has not been already worked over.  I love my Blackstone C19's.  I use them on my Tuscarora Valley RR, and central PA n.g. pike.  My one complaint is that the stock Blackstone tender is a typical D&RGW higher side tender with an air tank.  Eastern 2-8-0's of this vintage often had smaller lower-sided tenders - which is what I'd like to do to my model.  BUT the decoder board is mounted relatively high, necessitating the use of a high-side tender.  This allows for space underneath for the stock speaker frame.

Here's my question: what do you all think of removing the decoder board, removing the existing speaker frame and speaker, replacing it with a lower profile speaker, then cutting down the four posts holding up the decoder board, and re-attaching the decoder board?  This would allow me to use a lower profile tender shell.

Your thoughts?

George Pierson