Re: CMX Products

Tranz4mr@...

The CMX track cleaner in N gauge is lighter than the HO model which makes it much easier to push up grades. I converted a CMX Track cleaner from N to HOn3 by switching out the N gauge micro trains trucks (with integrated couplers) to HOn3 micro trains trucks and separate couplers. The Micro Trains truck bolts right on. I had to drill the frame to mount the micro trains couplers. To get the the cleaning pad to contact the track properly I had to add a .02” styrene shim under the the fabric. My layout has many long tunnels and and steep grades and  the CMX works great.
If you are interested I wrote this up a few years ago with photos and can send it to you.

PS I’ve also converted a N gauge Trackman N-2000 (discontinued) cleaning car with good results.

Kent Schwarz
NMRA

NMRA

Kent Schwarz