Re: Narrow Gauge Roundhouses

Stephen Silver

Thanks everyone.  Seems there is only a limited market for HOn3 roundhouse kits.  I might just wait and see if Clint ever gets the Durango/Gunnison houses available in HO.  I do have the Sargents 3 stall.  It's been built now, it's for the the down mountain interchange of Mellow Gulch.  Silver Creek is the up mountain main yard and facilities for the SC&MG Rwy and 5-7 stalls would give cover to the engines stationed there.

Life is mostly attitude and timing

On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 06:37:03 AM PST, asandrini <asandrini@...> wrote:

Also I believe that equates to sunroof thickness of a little over 1" thick.  Depending on size of structure, very little roof support is needed.

I scribe down the center and fold over the peak, so the plywood pieces are still connected as one piece.  You can attach roof and run some thin CA on the underside of the peak to prevent it from ever cracking along the scribe.

1/64 ply is sold in 6x9 sheets, but can be purchased in sheets up to 24x48.

Al

-------- Original message --------
From: Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...>
Date: 11/12/19 2:14 PM (GMT+00:00)
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [HOn3] Narrow Gauge Roundhouses

Thanks Al.  Very helpful.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 9:09 AM asandrini <asandrini@...> wrote:
I use 1/64" 3-ply plywood for roofing (cuts easily with Xacto or single edge razor blade). Very strong, no warping. Available from shops that sell R/C planes . They use it for sheeting wings. To add corrugated roofing, you can draw your alignment lines, cover with 3M transfer adhesive and stick roofing to the adhesive and it will never come loose. Also works great for a shingle or tar paper roof.

Al