Re: Narrow Gauge Roundhouses

Climax@...

Why not use either sheet plastic of the right thickness or even sheet metal for the roofs instead of the card stock ones?

From: Ric Case
Sent: Nov 12, 2019 8:05 AM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [HOn3] Narrow Gauge Roundhouses

I have found that painting both sides of the roof material helps stop the warping!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Nov 12, 2019, at 3:09 AM, Mark Kasprowicz <marowicz@...> wrote:

Perhaps buy the extra two or three stalls for the Sargents kit giving you a rarer six stall house and then look around for a more common two or three staller. I just finished a five stall Sargents and can confirm it will take a K-37 but the track has to be centralised accurately. It goes together very well but beware of the roof. It has a tendancy to warp especially with the extra stalls. If I were doing it again I'd contact Bill when ordering the extra stalls (easiest place to get them) and got him to supply another one piece three stall roof. I had to add an extension to the sides of the roof to make it fit so that might be a cure for that. There's a fair amount of timberwork that has to be glued under the roof which is supposed to straighten it, but I gave up after a while when it seemed it wasn't going to happen.
Use spirit based paints when apply the tissue/ tar paper, again to avoid warping.