Re: Custom Brass 2-8-6 Mason Bogie

Russ Norris

I had a similar problem with my EBT       2-8-2's where the trailing truck would short against the frame.  I used a rubber based gasket cement from my local NAPA store to insulate the inside of the frame. Some engines required a more drastic solution that involved filing down the inside of the frame to improve clearance.

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019, 5:49 PM kevin b via Groups.Io <arcatruck13=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

mine, which has yet to be painted, wants to short itself out between the trailing (tender) truck and the frame/chassis.
my cure, which I am not at all happy with, but does work, is a piece of scotch tape between the two to act as an insulator.
Kevin.

A good friend of mine, George Pierson, has been twerking this engine of mine for better performance.

Do any of you have experience with this engine and any suggestions to improve it? No need to re-invent the wheel.

LongJohn aka John Massura