Re: Narrow Gauge Roundhouses

Russ Norris

I have a 65' Kitwood turntable as well.  They are fun to build and they look great.  Good choice.

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 12:50 PM Stephen Silver via Groups.Io <ssilver996=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have two Kitwood 65ft turntables.  Thank you for your comments.

Life is mostly attitude and timing

On Monday, November 11, 2019, 09:25:05 AM PST, Jim Marlett <jmarlett@...> wrote:

You can get the Sargents roundhouse with more stalls if that style appeals to you. I’ve toyed with the idea of using or kit bashing a Walthers three stall roundhouse kit (https://www.walthers.com/three-stall-roundhouse-kit-14-x-14-1-4-x-4-11-16-quot-35-6-x-36-2-x-11-9cm) which can be expanded up to 36 stalls. It would hold K-36s and K-37s pretty easily, but if your railroad uses smaller locomotives, it would probably overpower them. If I went that route, I would try to reduce the height. A 65’ turntable rather than a Walthers 90’ or 110’ turntable might even get you reasonable leads out front.

On Nov 11, 2019, at 7:43 AM, Stephen Silver via Groups.Io <ssilver996@...> wrote:

Hi all.  I'll start by saying that I am starting a layout from scratch, have high intermediate modeling skills, and have a lot to do so I deem scratch building out of bounds until so much more is done.

I have a plan that has two turntables and two roundhouses.  I have acquired the Sargents kit by Banta for point B as 3 stalls is what I need.  For point A, I am looking for a minimum 5 stall kit, could fit 6. Love the CC Crow stuff, but way more than I can accommodate and a bit pricey with long long waits.  I have looked at the Model Masterpieces Como kit, that could work but I am not really that enthusiastic about it.  I like the SSI Sterling standard gauge kit but feel it would dwarf the narrow gauge gear.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on an HOn3 scaled kit?  Thanks. S