Re: interchange between standard gauge and narrow gauge

Russ Norris

When I installed dual couplers on a model of EBT #6, I used a Kadee 714 for the standard gauge coupler and Kadee N gauge couplers for the narrow gauge couplers.  The #714 mates with a #5 and the N gauge couples with a #714.  It's a little tight, as you said, but it works.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019, 5:37 PM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
I wonder how Sergent couplers would work in this car? I built one decades ago and it was super tight space for Kadee 714 coupler. Sacrifices to the under frame or end- beam were required  as I recall. But Sargent Type E and Sharron  Type couplers don’t need a coupler box to work. Just a pivot stud, retaining washer and a mounting screw. I think I’ll buy another of these kits and try Sergent couplers this time around.

Dale B.