Re: NGSLG disk of magazine issues

Dale Buxton

Ditto!

While Micro Soft has had this problem too. Apple Operating Systems seem to be rife with these kinds of bugs. The last major "Up-Grade"  to the Apple OS turned off all my links and contacts in Google Mail. It then migrated this from my laptop via the "Apple Cloud" to my iPhone where it completely truned off and locked me out of Google anything altogether! I had to re-install Google Mail on my laptop and iPhone to get them back. Fortunately I had a PC running Google Mail too. So everything was in somebodies "Cloud" and I lost zero contacts and information. Had I not been on both platforms I think I would have been screwed!
I now routinely wait as much as six months to upgrade my OS on my iPhone. EVERY iPhone OS upgrade has had bugs in it! It's like Chris says, these upgrades are not totally driven by implyed or expressed user need. They are driven by quarterly financial greed! I'm sure ( if I understand the current NET advertising models correctly) that every time there is a release bug, the triffic to the Apple web site increases and advertising revenues jump up.
This constant new era rush to release a new OS is just ridicules and counter productive.

Dale Buxton

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 11:16 AM claneon30 <chrislaneon30@...> wrote:
People wonder why I always drag my feet upgrading any software. THIS sh*t is why. I rely on my software to turn around our products on tight deadlines, and monkeying around with software that got released too soon because they had to met some quarterly stock deadline, just doesn’t work for me.

Chris Lane - Editor HOn3 Annual

On Oct 13, 2019, at 12:27 AM, Mark Kasprowicz <marowicz@...> wrote:

It is not alone. Catalina has a number of bugs which prevent it from working with apps which were quite happy with the previous OS. The advice by many software firms is don't upgrade until the matter is sorted by Apple.