Re: Source for brass channel

Bill Lugg

I got an answer back from K&S about their custom work. Apparently, all they can do is vary the leg lengths on their standard size channel.  They can't bend up a channel with a different web size.

I've tried bending up a piece out of 0.006 brass and the etchmate tool, but it wants to warp a bit during the bending process too, so I don't get consistent flanges.  Unfortunately I don't have a shear to cut the metal with which contributes to the problem I think.

I've ordered some 3 mm square tube to see if I can slit it to get what I want.  IF that doesn't work, I'm going to bit the bullet and buy some from Albion in the UK.

Thanks for all your great ideas.
Bill Lugg