Re: 2019 NNGC - Pretty Quiet Here

Doug Junda

Chris,

Thanks for jumping in here.  For most of you, I'm recovering from having my right knee replaced.  So thanks again Chris.

As for a update,  on the Tank cars, they are still moving along,  in fact, Robert my partner will be flying to California next weekend to meet with the owner of a factory we deal with in China.

In the past year we have imported three different projects, HO standard gauge tank cars, ON3 trucks, and On3 switches.  All of these project were much later then we expected.  Being new to the import business, we have taken date that we were given and past them along.  We are learning not to do that.  But,  rest assured the project is moving forward and I will offer up a update after Roberts meeting.

As a quick look back, it was a year oct 1 st we received our first truck load from San Juan, in the time since we have moved a total of five companies to our office in Colorado.  The last of the moves took place in may of last year.  We are making progress on inventory, not as quickly as we would like, but we are making progress.

Thanks,

Doug Junda

On Oct 2, 2019, at 12:21 PM, claneon30 via Groups.Io <chrislaneon30@...> wrote:

I had Doug Junda (one of the San Juan owners) at my On30 meeting at the NNGC and he was entirely frank about how things are taking longer in all aspects of the business than they had planned. Getting the machinery running to mold parts, especially the former Grandt machines, required all new wiring, motors and hydraulics. Because the machines had been in the same location for many, many years, the move to Colorado was really tough on them, and they found that replacing a part that had been stressed in the move, resulted in other parts of the machine failing, costing time. And obviously production. They ae moving the ball down the field and he asked the guys present for some patience as they get all the aspects of the company running smoothly and at capacity.

Regarding China, the government was changing policies there that was negatively affected production and delivery of models for all companies even BEFORE the trade issues came up, so everyone is trying to deal with that, including San Juan. I’d say watch their ads for updates on delivery schedule, based on what they are hearing from their builder.

Chris Lane - Editor HOn3 Annual

On Oct 2, 2019, at 8:36 AM, DaveS. <dsheber@...> wrote:

China issues.