Re: Fw: [HOn3] Figuring Grades

Brian Kopp

BTW, (and seriously) if any of you know how to survey a railroad grade and live near Roaring Camp, the conductor on the Redwood Forest steam train mentioned when we were there in June that they would love someone to measure the really steep grade on one of the switchbacks. They were claiming "about 10%" and "one of the steepest grades in north America".

I suggested they talk to a local college/university that teaches surveying and offer to let the students survey the line as a senior design project. I am not sure if they have done anything on it.....
--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL