Re: Fw: [HOn3] Figuring Grades

Brian Kopp

Dale,
what do you think about building an HOn3 tractive effort enhancement system that is mounted under the steep grade? If we could ensure there was enough ferro-magnetic metals in the locomotive, then we could "pull" the locomotive toward the track on a steep grade by using a series of undertrack coils, thus enhancing tractive force! If you could sequentially turn on the coils the system would even help pull the locomotive up the grade.....

Other than rebuilding your workhorse HOn3 locos and taking the nickel metal out of all your HOn3 rolling stock it shouldn't cost but a few hundred dollars per grade.......

--
Brian Kopp (with tongue firmly planted in cheek)
Jacksonville, FL