Thanks

Since I do not plan on running anything DC, and don't even have a DC transformer, everything is going to be gapped for DCC.  I understand about gapping a reverse loop.  Frogs are all gapped and isolated, fed from the Tortoise. All turnout controls will be from the cab, no switches at this point though the wiring harness will be made available for momentary on switches to activate the Tortoises if I choose to in the future.  All lengths for auto reversing will accommodate the longest train I plan on running.

Life is mostly attitude and timing

On Sunday, September 8, 2019, 12:56:21 PM PDT, <Climax@...> wrote:

Two basic rules no matter if you are running DC or DCC.  You cannot have + & - going to the same track, it's a dead short.
Rule 1.  Always feed a switch from the point end and put gaps after the frogs.
Rule 2.  In any reverse circuit or Y you must have a set of gaps or you will have + & - problems.

If you are using an auto reverse, you still need a set of gaps.  When the reverse polarity sees the short it throws the polarity automatically.
If you are manually controlling the reverse loop, you must have two gaps, use a DPDT Toggle switch to throw the polarity on the section coming out of, or come to a compete stop and throw it while in the loop if wired to the loop.

If it will run on DC it will run on DCC.

-----Original Message-----
From: lloyd lehrer
Sent: Sep 8, 2019 1:25 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [HOn3] Reversing section DCC advice sought

Just one reverser needed on the left long curve on the fuchia. Pick any hunk of the single track.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Sun, Sep 8, 2019, 10:14 AM Stephen Silver via Groups.Io <ssilver996=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi group.  As I continue to redesign, tweak, and understand some of the grade issues I need to solve, I have run up against a reversing loop question that I am having a challenge solving as someone who is building his first DCC layout.
Either of the two left hand turnouts at "X" lead to another reversing loop which is much simpler.  This is the narrow gauge portion only in red with the section I am looking for help on in magenta.  As you can see, at the turn out in the upper left, it continues on back to the mainline.  Do I need circuit breakers as well like the PSX

All thoughts and ideas welcome.  I am running Digitrax, intend to power the frog from the Tortoise via DS44 decoders, using Fast Tracks built turnouts.

--
lloyd lehrer