Re: D&RG early 2-8-0

jczul36

Lee,I did the blackstone to see if it could be done.  Bob V., Dave Garcia, I, and others have been able to make them perform flawlessly.
jc

On Sep 7, 2019, at 3:59 PM, Lee Gustafson via Groups.Io <bagustaf@...> wrote:

The Kemtron early or intermediate C-16 kit will provide the parts to build a reasonable class 56 2-8-0 but the mechanism will be a challenge if not a significant source of frustration. I believe that is the reason Juan Carlos adapted a Blackstone C-19 mechanism to the Kemtron C-16 superstructure. YMMV.

Lee Gustafson

On Sep 7, 2019, at 11:24 AM, Bruce Dunlevy <bdunlevy@...> wrote:

Brian,

I would suggest (if you can find one) a Kemtron early C-16.  They made kits of the early, intermediate, and modern C-16’s. The later models (Westside and others) were typically modeled after the four remaining C-16’s and all in the modern versions.  I have occasionally seen the Kemtrons on ebay.  Hope this helps.

Bruce Dunlevy