Re: D&RG early 2-8-0

Lee Gustafson

PF&S railway supply phone number 509 528 9711 may have C-16 parts. They’re located in Pasco, Washington.

Lee Gustafson

On Sep 7, 2019, at 7:22 PM, Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:

Exactly.  And why I'm looking at doing the same but using a Westside C-16 as the donor mech with Kemtron details.

Mike Conder

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 4:59 PM Lee Gustafson via Groups.Io <bagustaf=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
The Kemtron early or intermediate C-16 kit will provide the parts to build a reasonable class 56 2-8-0 but the mechanism will be a challenge if not a significant source of frustration. I believe that is the reason Juan Carlos adapted a Blackstone C-19 mechanism to the Kemtron C-16 superstructure. YMMV.

Lee Gustafson

On Sep 7, 2019, at 11:24 AM, Bruce Dunlevy <bdunlevy@...> wrote:

Brian,

I would suggest (if you can find one) a Kemtron early C-16.  They made kits of the early, intermediate, and modern C-16’s. The later models (Westside and others) were typically modeled after the four remaining C-16’s and all in the modern versions.  I have occasionally seen the Kemtrons on ebay.  Hope this helps.

Bruce Dunlevy