Re: The new couplers

Doug Cummings

That is not what the chap at Central Hobbies said today. He said it is not a case of one size fits all.

I will wait until this matter is settled before I start buying any new couplers.

I am taking a guess but I am sure it is not the coupler itself, but how they are mounted and thus the coupler number.

Doug

been hacking up brass to mount coolers forever, and doing al kinds of atrocious things to cars to mount couplers, I don’t see an issue; or at least any different from the 714s, and I won’t miss putting them together that’s for sure.

On Jul 25, 2019, at 3:26 PM, Doug Cummings <dougcummings@...> wrote:

I was down at my local hobby shop today and asked about the new couplers. Quite surprising, I was advised it is not a one size fits all situation. It was told it also depends on the make and model of the car.

So before I go out and buy dozens of these new couplers I think we need a lesson on which make and model of coupler applies to which make and model of car. I would hate to buy a dozen couplers only to find they are not the right ones

Is before investing in a batch of new couplers can some explain the situation and what couplers fit what cars, etc. etc. etc.

DEC