Re: Any narrow gauge news from the NMRA National Convention

NarrowMinded1

If you go to the HOn3 Narrow Gaugers Facebook group thereare pics of the #705 in Blackstone cars and compared to the #58 and Sergeant Sharon couplets. Also, I posted a reply I received from Kadee regarding the availability of the #705 in.bilk packs as follows...

Reply from Kadee re: #705 bulk packs...

"Hello Mr. Kline,

Sorry No.  We are just starting production and it will take quite sometime to build up a reserve stock. Also, the coupler's design will not allow it to be used in another type of coupler box or cast on pocket.

Most Blackstone models come with our #714 HOn3 couplers and the #705 will fit anywhere the #714 will fit"

They kind of contradict themselves in the reply but the proof is in the pics. IMHO they would be shooting themselves in the foot if the #705 didn't fit where the defacto standard #714 did.

"That's a great shame. I had hoped that this would a) retro fit the 714 as a drop in replacement and b) eliminate the 'bounce' altogether. The potential for sales to RailLine and BS owners must surely have been a consideration. But if the conversion involves hacking away bits of an already perferctly good draft box, then I'm afraid I'm not interested.

Lost opportunity IMHO

Mark K"
--
Nathan Kline