Re: Abteilung weathering.

Jim Spencer

I’m a member of the Slim Gauge Guild and am curious as to who among the members “reluctantly” knows Juan Carlos. It is hard for me to imagine anyone who would not like and appreciate him. He is a great guy and will probably carry on the tradition of Jerry Spoelma’s techniques when he eventually retires.
BTW, Jerry is a graduate of Art Center College of Design and would have learned many of his techniques from his education there. He also has a large archive of photos from which he researches the exact appearance of most locos and cars he paints and weathers.
Juan of course has learned the craft from Jerry and to his own credit is a superb modeler in brass, doing incredible custom work. I am blessed to call him a friend.
jim