Re: KCNG 2019 Annual Meet Reminder

Larry Alfred

This is a reminder for the KCNG meet on June 8.  If you put this on the “back burner,” it’s time to get it out and register. Hope to see you there.  Thanks.

Apologies for any duplicate notices!

16th Annual KCNG Narrow Gauge Meet

An invitation to all Narrow Gaugers (and all other model railroaders, too!),

The Kansas City Area Narrow Gaugers (KCNG) will host their 16th Annual Narrow Gauge Meet on Saturday, June 8, 2019

The meet will be held at a different location than last year, but at a location we have met at before. The meet will be held at the Antioch Branch of the Johnson County Library at 8700 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Merriam, Kansas.  To get there, take the Shawnee Mission Parkway (63rd St.)exit east from I-35 to Antioch (about ¼ mile), turn left on Antioch, and then turn left again into the library.  This is a different location than that held last year.  However, we are now back to the location that we have used for many previous years.

The fun will begin at 9:00am with registration and socializing.  We will have clinics in the morning.  A lunch will be provided near noon.  A Show-and-Tell session will be held after lunch.  Please bring something to display and share with the group.  We will then have model railroad layouts available to visit during the afternoon.  Meet/Layout Tour activities will wind down at about 5:00 pm.

Planned layouts will include:

    • Gary Davidson: On3 D&RGW
    • Peter Ellis: Sn3 RGS
    • John Vandenberg: HOn3 D&RGW

Planned clinics will be presented by:

  • Ryan Moats
  • Pete Smith
  • Jeff Boock

Cost: $10.00 (includes morning donuts/coffee and lunch).

Advance registrations are required by June 4, 2019, so that we can plan for lunch.  Mail registration with your check to:

Larry Alfred

14633 S. Chalet Drive

Olathe, KS  66062

Make checks payable to Larry Alfred

For any of you coming in from out of town on Friday night, please consider joining us for barbeque at Jack Stack restaurant.  Contact me for details.

It should be a great day to share narrow gauge modeling and conversation.  You are all invited to participate!!  Email me off line (captlalfred@...) if you have questions.  Hope to see you on June 8.