Abteilung weathering.

Mark Kasprowicz

I saw an article in a UK military modelling magazine showing how to represent aging wood using Abteilung oil paints - very convincing. Then I saw the BrassTrains video with JC and Jerry Spolema using the same brand of paint for weathering. Finally I spoke to a few modellers who used oil. they too praised the paints.

Anyone here tried it and if so what were your experiences? And which thinners did you use - drying time is the issue and though Scalecoar 1 thinners was recommended it's not available here in the UK.

BTW I find some of those military modelling mags are quite inspirational.

Mark K
Oxon, UK