Re: K-36's Choices

Mick Moignard

Jim is right about the Overland 36s.  I have two, and they’re basically as good as the PSC 2002 ones.  Same builder, same design, but PSC updated the details a bit, and offered all 10 factory painted.  The Overland models are all bare brass, and do carry some late DRGW/C&T details such as hangers for more modern retail frogs.  But great locos nonetheless.

I have just received a box of custom made steel worms for these MSM models, not opened it yet.   I will be trying one out later today, in a C21 that has worn the worm out.  Note that they do take more than20 hours, more like 100 to wear out. And the idler gear is undamaged in this model.

Mick

Mick Moignard
m: +44 7774 652504
Skype: mickmoignard