Re: K-36's Choices

Mick Moignard

Actually, based on the DP 36 I have, they’re not exceptional models.  They’re good,  yes, but not really any better than the PSC 2002. I agree with Dale about the green boiler colour, and there are one or two other detail things I have issue with.  They run well, and are basically free of shorts, but the coreless motor is not silent - like all coreless motors including those Locodoc ones I have had dealings with, it makes a high frequency hissing noise. It also had a chunk milled or filed off it to get it into the model which might not have helped.  But I was able to set the chuff rate on its TSU2 without difficulty.

One day i will do a more detailed write up.

Mick

Mick Moignard
m: +44 7774 652504
Skype: mickmoignard