Re: Blackstone C-19 pulling power?

Ric Case

Mike I can do a verbal but all 10 of mine are converted.was thinking about another one but financial restrictions are in effect At this moment!
I can do it in about an hour start to finish! You only need a dremel with a milling cutter to remove the cast hatch on the roof!
Then you cut the sheet lead to fit. Paint the new roof flat black or Tuscan red and add a new hatch. I can send photos to you if interested!
Ric Case

On Jan 20, 2019, at 11:08 AM, Risrwy@... wrote:

I used Bullfrog Snot on the rear drivers. Thinned it out as for "N" gauge use. Before the '"Snot" a Blackstone C-19 wouldn't even pull itself up a 4% grade. I lowered it to 3% and all works as expected. A C-19 takes four LaBelle passenger cars up with ease. Then again do you want to really pull everything with one locomotive?  Think helpers as that is how it was done before the "Mudhens" arrived. After that it was all history as they say. Paul.
--
Recreating the 14th. Subdivision
D&RGW Salida Division in 1929